African Stock Exchanges

BOBU - Bank of Baroda Uganda

Twitter · Facebook
BOBU share price on Uganda Securities ExchangeBOBU share price on Uganda Securities Exchange

Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited, incorporated in 1969, is a subsidiary of Bank of Baroda India, one of the leading banks in Asia with over 2,750 branches in 17 countries. The bank has been operating in Uganda since 1953 when it began as an overseas branch of Baroda India. Subsequent to its incorporation, the Government of Uganda acquired 49% shareholding of Bank of Baroda leaving Baroda India with the remaining 51%. Bank of Baroda is one of the main international banks in Uganda with six branches around the country, offering a range of products including savings and current accounts, custodial services, and brokerage and investment advisory.

Bank of Baroda Uganda is listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange (USE) since November 14th, 2002. Bank of Baroda is traded on the USE under the ticker symbol “BOBU”. The International Securities Identification Number (ISIN) of USE:BOBU is UG0000000055. Bank of Baroda Uganda is currently the 11th most valuable stock on the USE with a market capitalization of UGX 225 billion, which is about 1.41% of the Uganda Securities Exchange equity market.

BOBU15.00 ▪ 0.00
2 days ago
Last Trading Results
Opening Price
Day’s Low Price
Day’s High Price
Traded Volume0
Number of Deals0
Gross Turnover0.00
Growth & Valuation
Earnings Per Share
Price/Earning Ratio
Dividend Per Share
Dividend Yield
Shares Outstanding15B
Market Capitalization225B
Monetary values are quoted in Uganda Shilling (UGX) unless otherwise stated

BOBU Stock Market Performance


The current share price of Bank of Baroda Uganda (BOBU) is UGX 15.00. BOBU closed its last trading day (Wednesday, December 6, 2023) at 15.00 UGX per share on the Uganda Securities Exchange (USE). Bank of Baroda began the year with a share price of 85.00 UGX but has since lost 82.4% off that price valuation, ranking it 18th on the USE in terms of year-to-date performance. Shareholders’ fears may be allayed by the 7% increase of BOBU share price since November 8th, which is fourth best on USE.

Bank of Baroda Uganda is the #1 most traded stock on the Uganda Securities Exchange over the past three months (Sep 8 - Dec 8, 2023). BOBU has traded a total volume of 98.6 million shares valued at UGX 1.47 billion over the period, with an average of 1.56 million traded shares per session. A volume high of 22.5 million was achieved on October 30th for the same period. The table below details the last 10 trading days of activity of Bank of Baroda Uganda on the Uganda Securities Exchange.


Profile of Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited

Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited operates in the Financials sector, specifically, the Banking industry.

Factsheet of Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited

P. O. Box 7197, Kampala, Uganda
+256-414-233-680, +256-414-233-683

BOBU Industrial Market Competitors

Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited, issuers of the BOBU stock on the Uganda Securities Exchange, have seven market competitors who are also engaged in the Financials sector and/or Banking industry. The table below presents an overview of their market standing.

CodeNameM. Cap.CloseYTD
SBUStanbic Bank Uganda1.66T32.44+54.5%
EBLEquity Bank Limited3.41T919.67-32.4%
KCBKCB Group1.41T473.36-58.6%
NICNational Insurance Corporation13.8B6.50+30%
CENTCentum Investment139B209.02-15.5%
JHLJubilee Holdings Limited268B4,475.38-24.1%
DFCUDFCU Limited187B249.91-54%

Index of African Stock Exchanges:

  1. Botswana Stock Exchange
  2. BRVM Stock Exchange
  3. Ghana Stock Exchange
  4. Johannesburg Stock Exchange
  5. Lusaka Securities Exchange
  6. Malawi Stock Exchange
  7. Nairobi Securities Exchange
  8. Nigerian Stock Exchange
  9. Uganda Securities Exchange
  10. Zimbabwe Stock Exchange


  1. MikeMike
    Oct 1, 2023 09:06 GMT

    Share bonus to the ratio of 1:5 was effected in June 2023, hence, the above listed outstanding shares (and consequently market capitalization ) are significantly understated. The outstanding shares currently is 15B,not 2.5B, due to the sixfold increase. This needs to corrected.

  2. Umar Olwee SherriffUmar Olwee Sherriff
    Oct 12, 2021 08:47 GMT

    Are you handling the IPO for MTN?

  • Showing 1 - 2 of 2
NOTE: You are replying to 's comment. [Cancel]