Botswana Stock Exchange (BSE) Live
|BSE-DCI Index||Year-to-Date||Market Cap.|
|8,524.61 (-0.42)||-335.52 (3.79%)||BWP 416.45Bn|
The Botswana Stock Exchange (BSE), located in Gaborone, is the country's national stock exchange established in 1989 to operate and regulate the equities and fixed interest securities market. The BSE is one of Africa's best performing stock exchanges, averaging 24% aggregate return in the past decade, effectively making it the third largest stock exchange in Southern Africa in terms of market capitalization. The BSE, as a statutory body, puts in dedicated effort to maintain a fair and efficient market by means of its surveillance and compliance committees and the Botswana Stock Exchange Act No 11 of 1994 which ensures the operation of the exchange with the highest due regard to the public interest, protection of investors, and regulation of the affairs of its members.
- Showing 1 - 38 of 38 listings
BSE TRADING SUMMARY FOR FRIDAY, MAY 18, 2018: At the end of the last day of trading on the Botswana Stock Exchange, a total of 21,448,047 shares in 59 deals, corresponding to a market value of BWP 39,746,345.63, were traded. Eight equities participated in trading, ending with only one gainer, namely CRESTA, with 4.35% share price appreciation. The two losers on the day were LETLOLE (-1.01%) and TURNSTAR (-0.32%). CRESTA recorded the highest volume of 13 million traded shares, followed by LETSHEGO (6m), CASALES (1.95m) and SECHABA (281,434). Regarding the performance of BSE market indices, the benchmark BSE Domestic Companies Index (BSE-DCI) pared 0.42 points to close at 8,524.61, representing a 1-week gain of 0.19%, a 4-week gain of 0.74%, but an overall year-to-date loss of 3.79%. Other remarkable indices that performed were the BSE Foreign Companies Index (+0%; -0.24% YTD), BSE Domestic Company Total Return Index (+0.02%; +0.25% 1WK; -1.06% YTD), BSE Foreign Resource Sector Index (+0%; +1.97% YTD), BSE Local Asset Sector Index (+0%; +0.02% 1WK; +1.65% YTD), and BSE Domestic Financial Sector Index (+0%; +0.12% 1WK; +0.85% YTD).